Outdoors

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Unforgettable Memories With Scouting

While attending the elementary school, I used to volunteer in “Saudi Boy Scouts Association”, but I left it afterward, since I traveled to another city leaving my friends and all my memories with scouting. In addition, I have a lot of memory about this work, and I went through unbelievable experiences that I wouldn’t have learned if I weren’t a scout. First, now that we were living in a mountainous environment, we had had great chances to learn climbing. Honestly, I did try to climb once, and actually it was the last time. Moreover, we learned to make fire, pitch tents, make food, and do trips and to visit many places, even outside the country; we went for example, to Egypt, Jordan, and Dubai. Furthermore, we took many courses either were religious, educational, or even for entertainment. On the other hand, what we were missing was a beautiful all-green forests, since the natural landscape of Saudi Arabia is mostly desert. However, I believe from all my heart that my days with my other scouts won’t go away forever; it is definitely an unforgettable experience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home